(Really an adaptation of the "Twitter 2012" infographic from Infographic Labs).
Just a few excerpts that may make you salivate as an Internet/ Social Media Marketer and Entrepreneur:
- In 2011 – 100 million active users sent 33 billion Tweets per day
- Top 3 countries for Twitter users - includes Brazil at #2..hmmh..should you be looking to South America and maybe redirecting some of your marketing efforts there?
- The Top 5 Moments in Tweets..tells you what media vehicles and programs you should be concentrating on, to get the eyeballs of your younger target market.
- 1 million Twitter accounts opened every day.
...may want to change your marketing strategy a bit, if you think that celebrities are the only way to get your message to your customers on Twitter.
Need any more convincing that your brand/company needs to be on Twitter? :)
(NB: You may not need to go for an official brand page on Twitter..which will cost you upwards of US $25,000, but you should really have a Twitter presence for your company, yourself and your brands).
You don't have to go it alone, contact me and for a small fee, I'll set up and manage your Twitter account for you!
1) Article/Infographic, "The State of the Twitterverse 2012", adaptated by Brian Solis, February 26, 2012
2) Article, "Want a fancy Twitter brand page for your company? That’ll cost you $25,000", by Drew Olanoff, TheNextWeb.com, January 27,2012